These two predate No Time To Play, but belong here even so, for archival if nothing else:
- 200 Word RPG Challenge: Design a role-playing game using 200 words or less.
- DOOM: SCARYDARKFAST: an academic book about the eponymous game.
- OpenBSD Gaming Resource: For those of us who don't use other operating systems.
- Wolfenstein 3D & Spear of Destiny for Symbian Series 60 Devices
- Fixing E.T. for the Atari 2600
- Libro de los juegos: a medieval treatise on (board) games
- Duke Nukem (1991) (at HG101) (24 August 2018)
- An Oral History of ‘GoldenEye 007’ on the N64 (22 August 2018):
Slapping, Klobbs, speedrunning, cheating Oddjobs and more: Everything you ever wanted to know about the creation of the iconic, game-changing FPS
- A team of Dota 2-playing AI bots beat the pros - and now they're gunning for more (16 August 2018)
- ANGELINA is an AI that makes games, and now you can play them via Itch (4 July 2018)
- A retrospective of Unreal, from the people who made it (5 June 2018)
- Angelina, the AI That Makes Games (4 June 2018)
- Achievements UI: Design and Implementation - Cogmind (May 2018)
- ANGELINA @ EGX Rezzed (April 2018)
- Fez (at HG101) (25 February 2018)
- Made in China: every new video game you love (6 February 2018)
- Super Retro Maker Developers Talk About Giving Players The Tools To Make 80’s Sidescrollers (29 January 2018)
- Scientific Victory | Games By Angelina (January 2018)
- Game Cities: Those Handy, Simplified Urban Structures (10 January 2018)
- The underground story of Cobra, the 1980s’ illicit handmade computer (November 2017)
- The history of the first person shooter (20 October 2017)
- Are Videogames Made of Rules? (20 September 2017)
- The Making Of Carmen Sandiego (15 September 2017)
- Cave Noire at HG101 (13 July 2017)
- The City and the RPG That Never Were (15 March 2017)
- The MIT Dropouts Who Created Ms. Pac-Man: A 35th-Anniversary Oral History (3 February 2017)
- But What Does This Tell Us About Art? (7 January 2017)
- Alien Languages: How We Talk About Procedural Generation (August 2016)
- Pokemon Yellow Total Control Hack (8 February 2016)
- "I actually was hunting Ewoks." The Original Lucasfilm Games Team Talk About Life at Skywalker Ranch. (26 December 2015)
- TotalBiscuit Diagnosed With Inoperable Cancer (15 October 2015)
- How GOG.com Save And Restore Classic Videogames (16 September 2015)
- Cigarettes, Space Invaders and the birth of the game watch (12 July 2015): Part 2 of a longer feature; via the Dragonfly BSD Digest.
- A constructive look at the Atari 2600 BASIC cartridge (16 June 2015)
- 1-Pixel Pacman (1 June 2015)
- Make something that makes something (11 January 2015): Inside the Procedural Generation Jam
- Unrealistic Expectations for Realism in Games (9 December 2014)
- Running an indie game store (16 September 2014): the very first official blog post on the Itch.io marketplace.
- 'Gamers' don't have to be your audience. 'Gamers' are over (28 August 2014)
- The history of the cheat code (24 June 2014)
- The Making Of Tetris (6 June 2014)
- Gaming In Color Reviewed (23 April 2014)
- “The Door Problem” (April 2014): excellent example of just how complicated the work of a game designer can be.
- This Miraculous Money Of Old People (March 2014): on making games for the older, more diverse audiences of today.
- 'Hyper Light Drifter' is a dark and stunning take on classic 16-bit games
- Warren Spector's Commandments of Game Design (4 September 2013)
- Will Wright: Games "falling way short" as a medium (4 May 2013)
- More, More, More—How Do You Like It? (February 2013)
- Alien retrospective (10 February 2013)
- Real life Mario Karts react to launchable items (26 January 2013)
- Flea Market Find: Tetris Boardgame (August 2012)
- Intro to accessibility in games (3 August 2012)
- Meet Borderlands 2's Ellie: The "opposite of how most females tend to be represented in games" (16 July 2012)
- The touching story of Ribbitribbit and the EQII community (17 March 2012)
- Fear the Well-Meaning (16 August 2011)
- Japanese ‘culture’ isn’t the reason why Japanese games no longer sell worldwide (6 July 2011)
- Beyond Pacing: Games Aren't Hollywood (21 May 2009)
- Gamasutra - Analysis: Sid Meier's Key Design Lessons (5 May 2009)
- Why do games (still) have levels? (October 2007)
- The Black Triangle (October 2004): a now-classic piece of (game) programming folklore.